Heavy Td5 clutch pedal?
THE REVOLUTIONARY POWERslave
We have designed an affordable, cost effective Slave cylinder that reduces the weight of the pedal significantly.
This slave can be fitted to both the Td5 Discovery and also the Td5 Defender
**POWERslave lowers the biting point of the clutch, on Defender models this can be adjusted in the pedal box, For Discovery 2 TD5 we suggest installing once a clutch is bedded in (Biting point higher, as the pedal box is not adjustable and may not clear with a brand new clutch )**
– 30% lighter than OEM set up
1. Does the POWERslave fit my vehicle?
The LOF POWERslave will fit Discovery & Defender models fitted with a TD5 Engine. (1998-2006 Defender, 1998-2004 Discovery)
2. How easy is the slave to fit?
*SEE FITTING INSTRUCTIONS BELOW*
10-15 minutes to fit
You will need:
- Brake Fluid
- 11, 14, 15mm open ended spanners
- 10mm socket, extension and ratchet
- bleeding kit not necessary but can help
3. Drawbacks ?
The only drawback to the POWERslave is – “Even the wife can drive it now”!
We post out the POWERslave Pedal Assist Kits by Royal Mail.
You may also like the POWERspring for Defender TDI/ TD5/ TDCI
4. Fitting Instructions:
- Disconnect pipe from slave cylinder.
- Position container to catch spillage.
- Remove 2 bolts securing slave cylinder to bell
- Withdraw slave cylinder from bell housing and
- Clean ends of pipes, bell housing and slave
cylinder mating faces.
- Locate slave cylinder to push rod and bell
- Fit bolts and tighten to 25 Nm (18 lbf.ft).
- Connect clutch pipe to slave clyinder.
- Bleed clutch system.
Tips for installing & Bleeding
- Use a pipe clamp / soft jaw grips on the flexi hose hose to retain the majority of Brake fluid
- Bleeding the Td5 can be a little awkward, if you think there is air in the system, you can wedge the clutch pedal down over night to allow the air to rise to the top of the system.
- On the Defender if you need to increase clearance; this can be done by adjusting the master cylinder pushrod to move the pedal assembly further away from the bulkhead increasing the stroke