LOF POWER-master for Defender & Series
Paddockspares.com have stock 🙂
Heavy Defender/ Series 3 clutch pedal?
THE REVOLUTIONARY POWERmaster
We have designed an affordable, cost effective Master cylinder that reduces the weight of the pedal significantly.
This Master can be fitted to All Defenders & Series 3, Also can be fitted with LOF POWERspring for best results
*Cannot be fitted in conjunction with the LOF POWER Slave cylinder*
– 30% lighter than OEM set up
1. Does the POWERmaster fit my vehicle?
The LOF POWERmaster will fit Defender & Series models fitted with a ‘Girling type’ Master as standard, part number STC500100.
2. How easy is the Master to fit?
*SEE FITTING INSTRUCTIONS BELOW*
25 minutes to fit
You will need:
- Brake Fluid
- 11, 13, 14mm open ended spanners
- 10mm socket, extension and ratchet
- bleeding kit not necessary but can help
- Phillips screw driver
We post out the POWERmaster Pedal Assist Kits by Royal Mail.
You may also like the POWERspring for Defender TDI/ TD5/ TDCI
4. Fitting Instructions:
- Disconnect pipe from master cylinder
- Undo the retaining bolt for the bulkhead mounted header tank (TD5/ TDCI)
- Undo the 6 screws on the top of the clutch pedal box
- Remove 2x 13mm nuts securing the master push rod to the pedal assembly
- Unplug the clutch switch cable (TD5/ TDCI)
- Now wedge the pedal down and undo the two mounting bolts holding it to the clutch pedal box
- Withdraw master cylinder from pedal box
Refitting is the reversal, making sure to use the new 1/2 width Nyloc nut provided, set the pedal inline with the brake pedal and bleed the system, leave the cover plate off while test driving, taking 2x 13mm spanners to adjust as necessary! You can raise the biting point by raising the position of the pedal using the two lock nuts on the master push rod.
Tips for installing & Bleeding
- Use a pipe clamp / soft jaw grips on the flexi hose hose to retain the majority of Brake fluid
- Bleeding can be a little awkward, if you think there is air in the system, you can wedge the clutch pedal down over night to allow the air to rise to the top of the system.
- On the Defender if you need to increase clearance; this can be done by adjusting the master cylinder pushrod to move the pedal assembly further away from the bulkhead increasing the stroke
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.