LOF EXTREMEspec MT82 Output shaft kit for Defender TDCI
LOF Defender MT82 EXTREMEspec output shaft kit for TDCI 2.2/2.4,
The only permanent solution, sold with a LIFETIME WARRANTY!
Welcome to the Ultimate solution to the Defender TDCI worn output shaft kit:
On the Defender 2.4 and 2.2 Tdci it is a very common fault that the coupling shaft between the MT82 gearbox and the Lt230 transfer box wears out and fails! Land Rover assembled the splined coupling dry on the production track, leading to premature failure of the splines. Symptoms of this failure include:
- Clunking on take up of drive
- Clunking when deacclerating
- Total loss of drive
For the last 2 years here at LOF we have been selling the updated genuine parts which come with special EP grease, but after selling over 500 units we believed we could engineer a better solution!
So now we bring to you, the all new LOF EXTREMEspec MT82 output shaft kit. Developed over the last 2 years alongside industry experts, we are certain this is the ultimate solution. Infact we are so certain that we have given it a LIFE TIME WARRANTY!
So what have we done so special?
Well put simply, we have removed the coupling that fails all together, thus removing the weak link in the drivetrain! The LOF shaft is made as a solid 1 piece design as per older LR drivetrain designs, Incorporating a single draw bolt down the centre of the shaft, ensuring that the shaft is retained tight to the back of the Mt82 gearbox.
What is included in the LOF kit?
- 1x LOF EXTREMEspec Solid output shaft,
- 1x M12 long cap head draw bolt
- 1x Nord lock washer set (M12)
- 1x Special retaining bolt adapter
- 1x Genuine Coretco MT82 rear drive shaft seal
- 1x EAC Transfer box seal
- 1x M22 grub screw slide hammer adapter (DO NOT INSTALL WITH SHAFT! KEEP IN THE TOOL BOX)
For more information please feel free to contact us at: Sales@LOFclutches.com
LOF EXTREMEspec MT82 Output shaft kit fitting instructions
- Remove Transfer box
- Remove adapter shaft housing
- Use a slide hammer to remove the old output shaft
- Next remove the retaining nut from the back of the gearbox using a 30mm 6 point impact socket and gun.
- In order to remove the female-female coupling, use a 2 or 3 legged puller and extract the coupling, using the original retaining bolt in the center to press against
- Next remove the old MT82 gearbox seal
- Clean the back face of the gearbox thoroughly using brake cleaner
- Next install the new seal into the back of the gearbox, ensuring that the seal goes in square and undamaged (This is critical, wrong installation can cause leaks)
- Now take the LOF adapter bolt and apply Loctite to the outside thread. Wind the bolt into the back of the gearbox main-shaft, Set the bolt to a torque of 75Nm using a ½” Torque wrench. (put gearbox in 6th gear to achieve this)
- Now take the solid LOF Output shaft and lightly grease the female spline, as well as priming the seal land with grease. (note too much can cause a hydraulic effect preventing full
- Insert the shaft into the back of the gearbox, using a copper/ hide mallet to knock the shaft onto the splines square.
- .Once the shaft is well seated onto the gearbox, place the pair of nordlock washers onto the M12 retaining bolt, and add Loctite to the M12 male thread on the bolt.
- Slide the draw bolt into the back of the output shaft, and tighten by hand.
- Next torque the M12 Cap-head bolt to 57Nm
- Now prime the transfer box spline and transfer box seal with grease.
Now successfully installed, build the transfer box back into the vehicle and take it for a test drive!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.