We have designed an affordable, cost effective pedal assist spring that reduces the weight of the pedal significantly.
THIS IS 45% STRONGER/ LIGHTER THAN THE LAND ROVER OVER-CENTRE SPRING AS FITTED TO TDCI VEHICLES
– 45% lighter than OEM “Pedal assist spring”
-80% lighter than no spring at all! (When retro fitted to TD5/ 300Tdi etc)
1. Does the POWERspring fit my DEFENDER?
The LOF POWERspring will fit Defender models 300TDI, TD5 and also TDCI PUMA vehicles.
In order to double check that it will fit, simply take a look at your clutch pedal:
- If the clutch pedal arm is a flat sheet of steel in terms of profile – IT FITS!
- If the clutch pedal arm is a U shaped formed steel profile, unfortunately it wont fit, but there is a solution! Simply remove the older 200TDI style pedal box (6 bolts in the footwell) and refit with the later style pedal box – Part number SKB500280 (sold separately)
2. How easy is the spring to fit?
5-10 minutes to fit
You will need:
- 2 pairs of mole-grips/ Pliers (ideally long nose)
- 1x medium flat headed screw driver
- 1 suitable sized pole/ something to wedge the pedal down
See our step-by-step fitting video below.
We post out the POWERspring Pedal Assist Kits by Royal Mail.